- Q+A: Jonathan Falwell’s Caribbean Vacation Turned into Hurricane Relief MinistryAfter Irma disrupted his 25th wedding anniversary, Baptist pastor shares how he got Samaritan’s Purse to come to the rescue of St. Martin and why he went right back. When Jonathan Falwell saw the first signs of what would become Hurricane Irma swirling on the weather map, he moved up the dates of his Caribbean […]
- What Ravi Zacharias Said at Nabeel Qureshi’s FuneralEulogy at Houston memorial service honors “abnormally born” 34-year-old apologist. At his memorial service Thursday, Nabeel Qureshi was remembered for his unusual passion for Christ and the significant evangelistic impact he made before he died last Saturday at 34. Hundreds gathered at Houston’s First Baptist Church and thousands more online to honor Qureshi, whose life […]
- Southern Baptists Back Confederate Monument Removal in MemphisMeanwhile, Robert E. Lee’s former church votes to change its name. After Charlottesville, more Christians are aligning with efforts to remove Confederate names and landmarks. In the past week, the president of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) and about a dozen of its pastors called for the removal of a Confederate statue in Memphis, Tennessee, […]
- ‘Twin Peaks: The Return’ Gets Cosmic Conflict Disturbingly RightDavid Lynch’s cult-classic revival is exactly as imaginative—and as uncomfortable—as it always needed to be. “Should we watch Twin Peaks: The Return?” Now that all 18 episodes of David Lynch’s long-awaited television series are available for binge-viewing on Showtime, I’m fumbling with insufficient answers to this question. As I formulate replies, I feel myself fracture […]
- How Do You Solve a Theological Problem Like Maria?Record hurricane season challenges believers in paradise to trust God amid life’s literal storms. Christians across the Caribbean are turning to God during a hurricane season like no other. On Wednesday morning, Hurricane Maria landed on Puerto Rico as a Category 4 storm, the strongest to hit the US territory in at least 80 years. […]
- Hillary Clinton Shares Her ‘Social Justice, Roll-Up-Your Sleeves Faith’ at Baptist ConventionAlthough Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton admitted spotlighting one's faith doesn't come naturally to a "Midwestern Methodist," she shared details of her beliefs Thursday evening at the National Baptist Convention USA's 136th annual session in Kansas City, Mo. She quoted Scripture, hymns and even St. Francis of Assisi as she described her "activist, social justice […]
- Three Practices For Third Space ChurchesHow do we seek the flourishing of our city in such a way that contributes to the urban renewal happening all around us?
- Why is Christianity declining in America?On this episode of News and Religion, the panel and I discuss reasons for the so-called decline of Christianity in America put forward in a recent column by ethicist David Gushee. …
- Transgender restroom bill applied to Mass. churchesA Massachusetts government commission's claim that churches may be subject to the state's transgender restroom bill has drawn expressions of concern from local evangelicals.
- Ken Ham: Bill Nye series will reject true SaviorThe upcoming Netflix talk show 'Bill Nye Saves the World' will likely attack creationism and other matters of faith as damaging to scientific theory and study, apologist and creationist Ken Ham told Baptist Press.
- Hackathon That Doesn't Necessarily Include ComputersThe Indigitous #Hack will seek to find solutions to needs that ministries around the world might have. K-LOVE's George Rath found out the details from Mark Breneman with InverVarsity Christian Fellowship, who has a major part.
- Bicycles For JesusK-LOVE's Kimberly Lahodny shares the amazing re-entry ministry for convicts of Hurricane Memorial's Bike Shop.
- Iraqi Christians Committed To StayMany Christians who call Iraq home plan to stay in their native country despite persecution. Listen as K-LOVE's Adam Russell shares their story.
- Abbey and AnxietyA crash at the Rio Olympics, a disconnect between appearances and deep down reality, brings Abbey D’Agostino to a relationship with God. K-LOVE's Kenny Noble Cortes reports.
- Skating Through The GospelK-LOVE's Alex Gregory speaks with Brandon Siroli about Skate Church in Ocala Florida, and how it's reaching a previously underserved audience.
- Teen Event Aimed To Curb Unsafe DrivingTeens treated to free food, music and fun as they learned about the dangers of unsafe driving. Listen to K-LOVE’s Rafael Sierra’s report.
- Ministry On Wheels And On The RoadA husband and wife ministry team is on a permanent road trip of sorts. Listen as K-LOVE's Adam Russell shares the story of a couple who travels to those they serve.
- Former Yankee Great Shares FaithBobby Richardson played second base for the Yankees in the golden years of the 1950's and 1960's. K-LOVE's George Rath reports some of his greatest accomplishments have happened after his retirement.
- Debt Often Brings Millennials Back HomeStudent loan debt and college degrees that don't mean what they once did often drive Millennials back to mom and dad's. Listen as K-LOVE's Adam Russell reports what that means for churches.
- Shower On Wheels = Hope For The HomelessOutreach in St. Louis gives people who are homeless a chance to restore dignity in their lives through their mobile shower unit. Listen to K-LOVE’s Rafael Sierra’s report.
- Proof positive for Tonganoxie High soccer as team ties nationally ranked St. Thomas Aquinas
- Leavenworth County commissioner's replacement would have to run for re-election in 2018
- Crews clean up hydraulic spill in Tonganoxie subdivision
- Tyson putting hold on proposed chicken plant plans near Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie mayor recuses himself from future Tyson discussions