“Intelligent people are always ready to learn. Their ears are open for knowledge.” – Proverbs 18:15 [NLT]
StudyGroup U (SGU) provides weekly opportunities for adults to dig into God’s Word and learn together with other Christians. Planning out in 12 week session, these Bible studies are open to all adults, and class topics vary from session to session.
Classes – March 29-May 28
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians (8:00 & 9:25). Taught by Steve Howell in Room ED-111. Positive momentum in our spiritual lives can be difficult to achieve and more difficult to maintain. Yet we are challenged as Christians to obtain and maintain the momentum of our commitment to Jesus Christ. How do we do it? The books of 1 & 2 Thessalonians in our Bibles are a great place to start!
- Faith Under Fire (9:25). Taught by Chris Bowen in room ED-106. Discuss some of the most important spiritual and social issues of our time! This DVD-based study features leading Christian and non-Christian voices engaging in forceful but fair debate. This class will be thought-provoking!
- Holiness (9:25). Taught by Steve Lindsay in Room FLC-109. How can sinful man approach a Holy God? Take an in-depth look at the way Jesus worshiped His Father, including a deeper look at the roots of His faith. Discover holiness for yourself! (1 Peter 2:9-10)
- Grace (9:25). Taught by Mark Maxwell in Room FLC-107. Grace is the church’s great distinctive. It’s the one thing the world cannot duplicate, and the one thing it craves above all else–for only grace can bring hope and transformation to a jaded world! Explore what grace looks like in real life.
- Jeremiah (9:25). Taught by Chad Kietzmann in Room FLC-106. This Old Testament prophet faced the enormous task of calling God’s people back to Him. Explore the heart and mission of a prophet who made a decision to stand for the Lord no matter what.